I’m taking a break from my recent CSB kick…
1. Had a good talk with one of my good friends (DG) tonight and he gave me some good insight into therapy and his history with it. It was good to get his opinion and all just talk like we used to back in college during the wee hours of the night.
2. Courtney from Sex and the Traveling Satchel is a genius and a good friend. I never thought I would say that about someone I never actually met in person, but I’m glad I can.
3. ARod testing positive for steroids may have ruined baseball for me.
4. I hung out with the Ex today because I had to go to her neck of the woods to pick up the puppy. We tried to go to the best restuarant ever (Taco Boy), but it was freakin closed. I was super pissed. We (okay, mostly she) made chicken parm and we watched Obama’s speech and 24 before I made my way home.
5. I was going through the online journal I kept in college and stumbled upon my old compositions (some would say poems…but please don’t be one of those some) and it made me miss the days would I would sit at my computer, turn off the lights, turn on some music and just write. I would say these old compositions range from terrible to decent. I will give you a taste. This one was from 2003 and was, sadly, one of the last ones I ever wrote. I can’t believe this is almost six years old now. I think it had some good parts but was borderline nonsensical. If I didn’t tell you I wrote it, I could possibly pass it off as genius to a high school class. Anything that is confusing and makes no sense is genius…right?
"Webster's Definition of Latent" 3/21/03 Composition # 73 - Originally titled "You & Me" You and me - to the last gasping breath, forever exhausting mutual adoration. We never say die, even when this belongs six feet down. Reason silenced by desire, conviction found in love - with screaming fine print (Mine - for now). Infatuation still bleeds out from our veins, so we exalt every potential ender. Words surrender as inferior - Entangled lips, legs wrapped tightly around my waist, thighs resting on my hips, and hands clenching my back bring substance to our promises. The taste of fleeting perfection reminds why we don't abandon "us" ...to genuine to dismiss. So we continue to drain the air of all its emotion, always breathing in the aura of summer rains.